Penis size is a common body concern among men. While most guys report being satisfied with the size of their genitals, a sizable minority say they’re unhappy. For example, in a survey of 4,198 US men aged 18-65 who were asked to rate their satisfaction with 14 different aspects of their manhood , 85.9% were categorized as being satisfied overall. The remaining 14.1% (or about 1 in 7 men) were dissatisfied. Perhaps not surprisingly, their most common concerns revolved around flaccid and erect penis length as well as penile girth.Read More
As you might imagine, in my work as a sex educator, questions about penises--and especially about penis size--come up all the time. As such, I thought it might be helpful to put together a resource guide that addresses some of the most commonly asked questions on this topic. So, here are my answers to the five most popular questions I've encountered about penis size.
1.) “What is the average penis size?”Read More
You may be surprised to learn that Botox—a drug most famous for it’s ability to reduce facial wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing specific muscles—has a number of potential sexual applications. For instance, it has been used to treat vaginismus and it is currently being studied as a treatment for premature ejaculation (learn more here).
But that’s not all—some doctors have also studied Botox as a potential penis enlargement treatment. Yep, you read that right.Read More
The penis tends to be the most common part of the body that men are dissatisfied with and wish they could change. Consider this: one online survey of over 25,000 men found that nearly half of the participants were unhappy with their current size, with 45% wanting to be larger and 0.2% wanting to be smaller . Thus, among those guys who aren’t happy with their penises, there is almost a universal desire to be bigger. However, when looking at the actual penile measurements of guys who think that they aren’t big enough, very few of them have objectively small penises—the vast majority fall well within the normal range . In other words, almost all of the guys who think that they’re too small are actually perfectly normal.Read More