Penis Enlargement Surgery Is Risky--And There's Little Evidence That It Works

Penis Enlargement Surgery Is Risky--And There's Little Evidence That It Works

Penis size is a common body concern among men. While most guys report being satisfied with the size of their genitals, a sizable minority say they’re unhappy. For example, in a survey of 4,198 US men aged 18-65 who were asked to rate their satisfaction with 14 different aspects of their manhood [1], 85.9% were categorized as being satisfied overall. The remaining 14.1% (or about 1 in 7 men) were dissatisfied. Perhaps not surprisingly, their most common concerns revolved around flaccid and erect penis length as well as penile girth.

Read More

Does Penis Enlargement Surgery Really Work?

One of the most common concerns men have about their bodies is the size of their penis. Research indicates that 35% of gay men1 and 45% of heterosexual men2 say they wish they could be a different size—and almost all of these men want to be larger (less than 2% wish they were smaller). Why is this the case? Because guys are constantly told that “bigger is better,” especially by the porn industry, where men who practically have third legs are routinely glorified. As a result of this social pressure, guys are increasingly going under the knife in order to enhance the size of their packages. But do these surgeries work as promised and are they worth the exorbitant costs?
Read More